Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana – Gramin (PMAY-G) is a flagship scheme of the Government of India that aims to provide pucca houses to all eligible rural households by 2022. The scheme was launched in 2016 as a restructured version of the Indira Awaas Yojana (IAY), which was started in 1985. The scheme is implemented by the Ministry of Rural Development (MoRD) in collaboration with the state governments and other stakeholders. The scheme has a target of constructing 2.95 crore houses with an estimated cost of Rs. 1.95 lakh crore.
Features of PMAY-G
The PMAY-G scheme has several features that make it different from the previous IAY scheme. Some of the key features are:
- The beneficiaries are identified and selected based on the Socio-Economic and Caste Census (SECC) 2011 data, which is verified by the Gram Sabha and the local administration.
- The beneficiaries are provided with a unit assistance of Rs. 1.2 lakh in plain areas and Rs. 1.3 lakh in hilly areas, which includes a central share of Rs. 1.08 lakh and a state share of Rs. 12,000 or Rs. 22,000 respectively.
- The beneficiaries are also provided with an additional assistance of Rs. 12,000 for constructing toilets under the Swachh Bharat Mission – Gramin (SBM-G) and Rs. 15,000 for constructing kitchens under the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (MGNREGA).
- The beneficiaries are encouraged to use locally available and eco-friendly materials and technologies for constructing their houses, such as compressed stabilised earth blocks, fly ash bricks, bamboo, etc.
- The beneficiaries are also given the option to avail a loan of up to Rs. 70,000 from banks or other financial institutions at a subsidised interest rate under the Rural Housing Interest Subsidy Scheme (RHISS).
- The beneficiaries are also entitled to receive technical support and supervision from trained engineers and work inspectors appointed by the MoRD or the state governments.
Read more about Orange Alert: What It Means and How to Prepare for It
PMAYG NIC IN: A Portal for PMAY-G
PMAYG NIC IN is the official website of the PMAY-G scheme, which can be accessed at www.pmayg.nic.in. The website provides various information and services related to the scheme, such as:
- Scheme guidelines, circulars, notifications, reports, etc.
- Beneficiary registration, verification, sanction, payment, etc.
- Fund transfer order (FTO) generation, signing, verification, etc.
- House construction progress monitoring, geo-tagging, quality inspection, etc.
- Grievance redressal, feedback, suggestion, etc.
The website also provides various dashboards and reports that show the physical and financial progress of the scheme at various levels, such as national, state, district, block, panchayat, etc. The website also provides links to other related websites and portals, such as www.rhreporting.nic.in, www.rsmcnewdelhi.imd.gov.in, www.sbm.gov.in, [www.nrega.nic.in], etc.
PMAY-G is a flagship scheme of the Government of India that aims to provide pucca houses to all eligible rural households by 2022. The scheme has several features that make it different from the previous IAY scheme. PMAYG NIC IN is the official website of the PMAY-G scheme, which provides various information and services related to the scheme. The website also provides various dashboards and reports that show the physical and financial progress of the scheme at various levels.