Raymond Ablack is a Canadian actor and comedian who has been making waves on Netflix with his roles in Ginny & Georgia and Maid. He is also known for his work on Degrassi, Narcos, and Orphan Black. We will take a look at some of the best Raymond Ablack movies and TV shows that you can watch right now.
Who is Raymond Ablack?
Raymond Ablack was born on November 12, 1989, in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. He is of Guyanese descent and has four siblings. He attended Ryerson University, where he graduated with a degree in Radio and Television, Media Production, with an English minor. He also studied Stand-up Comedy and Improvisation at The Second City in Toronto.
Ablack started his acting career in 2007, when he joined the cast of Degrassi: The Next Generation as Sav Bhandari, a charismatic and popular student who becomes the school president. He played the role for four seasons until 2011, and also appeared in two Degrassi TV movies: Degrassi Goes Hollywood and Degrassi Takes Manhattan.
Ablack then went on to appear in various movies and TV shows, such as Fondi ‘91, Beeba Boys, Buffaloed, The Broken Hearts Gallery, Workin’ Moms, Private Eyes, Ransom, and Shadowhunters. He also had a recurring role as Raj Singh, a hacker and ally of the main characters, on Orphan Black.
In 2017, Ablack landed a role on Narcos, the critically acclaimed Netflix series about the Colombian drug cartels. He played Stoddard, a DEA agent who works with Javier Peña (Pedro Pascal) to bring down the Cali Cartel.
In 2021, Ablack starred in two Netflix original series that became huge hits: Ginny & Georgia and Maid. In Ginny & Georgia, he played Joe, the owner of a local farm-to-table restaurant who develops a romantic relationship with Georgia (Brianne Howey), a single mother who moves to a small town with her two children. In Maid, he played Nate, the brother of Alex (Margaret Qualley), a domestic worker who struggles to make ends meet and escape from an abusive relationship.
Read more about Harshad Mehta: A story of Stockbroker
What are some of the best Raymond Ablack movies and TV shows?
If you are a fan of Raymond Ablack or want to discover more of his work, here are some of the best Raymond Ablack movies and TV shows that you can watch right now:
- Ginny & Georgia: This is a dramedy series that follows the lives of Georgia Miller and her daughter Ginny as they try to start over in a new town. The series explores themes such as family, friendship, identity, sexuality, race, and class. It also features a diverse and talented cast that includes Antonia Gentry, Diesel La Torraca, Jennifer Robertson, Felix Mallard, Sara Waisglass, Scott Porter, and Chelsea Clark. The series has been praised for its witty dialogue, compelling characters, and emotional depth. It has also been renewed for a second season. You can watch Ginny & Georgia on Netflix.
- Maid: This is a drama series that is based on the memoir by Stephanie Land. It tells the story of Alex Russell, a young mother who leaves her abusive boyfriend and becomes a maid to support herself and her daughter. The series depicts the harsh realities of poverty, domestic violence, mental health issues, and social services. It also features an outstanding performance by Margaret Qualley as Alex, as well as Nick Robinson, Anika Noni Rose, Tracy Vilar, Billy Burke, and Andie MacDowell. The series has been acclaimed for its authenticity, sensitivity, and resilience. It has also been nominated for several awards. You can watch Maid on Netflix.
- Narcos: This is a crime drama series that chronicles the rise and fall of the notorious drug lords who ruled Colombia in the 1980s and 1990s. The series focuses on the conflicts between the drug cartels, the Colombian government, the DEA agents, and the local police. It also features an impressive ensemble cast that includes Wagner Moura, Boyd Holbrook, Pedro Pascal, Paulina Gaitán, Damián Alcázar, Alberto Ammann, Francisco Denis, Pêpê Rapazote, Matias Varela, and Michael Stahl-David. The series has been lauded for its gripping storytelling, historical accuracy, and cultural relevance. It has also spawned two spin-offs: Narcos: Mexico and El Chapo. You can watch Narcos on Netflix.
- Degrassi: This is a teen drama series that follows the lives of a group of students who attend Degrassi Community School, a fictional high school in Toronto. The series deals with various issues that affect teenagers, such as sexuality, relationships, bullying, drugs, violence, mental health, and more. It also features a diverse and dynamic cast that includes Miriam McDonald, Cassie Steele, Drake, Nina Dobrev, Shenae Grimes-Beech, Aislinn Paul, Munro Chambers, Melinda Shankar, and Luke Bilyk. The series has been praised for its realism, inclusivity, and social awareness. It has also won several awards and spawned several spin-offs and movies. You can watch Degrassi on Amazon Prime.
- The Broken Hearts Gallery: This is a romantic comedy movie that follows the adventures of Lucy Gulliver, a young art gallery assistant who decides to create a pop-up space for people to leave behind items from their past relationships. Along the way, she meets Nick Velez, a charming hotel developer who helps her with her project. The movie stars Geraldine Viswanathan and Dacre Montgomery as Lucy and Nick, as well as Utkarsh Ambudkar, Molly Gordon, Phillipa Soo, Suki Waterhouse, Arturo Castro, and Bernadette Peters. The movie has been applauded for its humor, chemistry, and diversity. It has also been nominated for several awards. You can watch The Broken Hearts Gallery on Amazon Prime.
Raymond Ablack is a Canadian actor and comedian who has been making waves on Netflix with his roles in Ginny & Georgia and Maid. He is also known for his work on Degrassi, Narcos, and Orphan Black. He is a rising star who has shown his versatility and talent in various genres and mediums. If you want to watch some of the best Raymond Ablack movies and TV shows, you can check out the ones listed above. You can also follow him on his social media accounts to stay updated on his latest projects and news. Raymond Ablack is an actor who deserves your attention and admiration.