BMSSY stands for Bina Mulya Samajik Suraksha Yojana, a social security scheme for unorganised workers in West Bengal. It is launched by the state government under the Labour Commissionerate. BMSSY integrates various schemes for unorganised sectors, such as provident fund, health insurance, education assistance, etc. BMSSY aims to provide comprehensive and free benefits to the unorganised workers and their families.
How to Register and Avail BMSSY Benefits
To register and avail BMSSY benefits, the unorganised workers need to follow these steps:
- Step 1: Visit the official website of BMSSY (6) or click on the link given in the web search results.
- Step 2: Click on “New Registration by Beneficiary” button and enter your Aadhaar number. Choose the authentication type as OTP or biometric and verify your Aadhaar number.
- Step 3: Fill in the registration form with your personal, family, occupation, and bank details. Upload your photo and signature and accept the terms and conditions. Click on “Register” button to complete the registration.
- Step 4: After registration, you will receive a BMSSY card with a unique ID number. You can use this card to avail various benefits from the government departments, agencies, or empanelled hospitals.
Benefits of BMSSY
BMSSY provides various benefits to the unorganised workers and their families. Some of them are:
- Provident fund: The unorganised workers can save money for their future through the provident fund scheme. The government waives off the Rs. 25 monthly contribution from the workers and pays Rs. 30 per month on their behalf. The workers can withdraw their money after attaining 60 years of age or in case of death or disability.
- Health insurance: The unorganised workers and their families can get free health insurance coverage up to Rs. 5 lakh per annum under the Swasthya Sathi scheme. They can avail cashless treatment for various diseases and ailments at any empanelled hospital across India.
- Education assistance: The unorganised workers can get financial assistance for their children’s education under the Sikshashree scheme. They can get Rs. 800 per month for class I to VIII students, Rs. 1,000 per month for class IX to XII students, and Rs. 1,500 per month for college or university students.
Read more about BRBN: A Seed Corporation for Bihar Farmers
BMSSY is a social security scheme for unorganised workers in West Bengal. It integrates various schemes for unorganised sectors, such as provident fund, health insurance, education assistance, etc. It provides comprehensive and free benefits to the unorganised workers and their families.
BMSSY is a useful scheme for anyone who works in the unorganised sector in West Bengal. You can visit the official website of BMSSY or contact their help desk team for more information.